** Since Tuesday April 3rd 2018 CrowdFlower has been officially renamed to Figure Eight.**
** Since April 2019 Figure Eight has been acquired from Appen.**
One of the best way to earn money from ySense and other GPT sites is by doing Appen tasks. Especially members from countries like Pakistan, Bangladesh, India and others who may have limited surveys available will find in tasks a very good way to increase their balance.
In order to start doing tasks, you should sign up to Appen. Appen is a service for companies who are interested in using crowdsourcing to help their workforce. These companies have broken their workforce into small tasks that can be quickly completed independently by home workers.
What are Appen jobs?
A job at Appen has its own ID and consists of many tasks. In order to be able to complete more tasks from a specific job, you should first complete the quiz (test) mode task. That way Appen ensures that you are qualified for the job. You will not be paid always for this task but if you are successful you then qualify to the work mode tasks where you can start making money. There is only one test mode for a job. Finally, each task has an expelled mode where you will be redirected if your accuracy is too low to continue doing this task.
Each task contains questions and in order to be paid you should answer correctly to a percentage of them (for example 7 out of 10 questions). Each task may require a different level of accuracy. The payout for each task varies from 0.01$ to 1,00$.
Starting at Appen
Appen categorize their contributors into 4 levels (0,1,2,3). After registration you start at level 0 and at that stage there are not a lot of jobs available. At this point, patience is the key as you need to complete 100 test questions with an accuracy of over 70% in order to to get to level 1 (for level 2 the accuracy must be 80% and for level 3 that should be 85%). Also, you might get flagged for not following the instructions of a task. The requirements for advancing levels and the number of flags that you are allowed to have are shown in the picture below.
*Note that your statistics are updated every 24 hours and not after completing a task. All the tasks that you have done are added immediately to the job history page.
Sometimes even if you have met the requirements you can see this message in your Dashboard. That means that even if you have completed the level requirements you have been expelled from tasks too many times. You can avoid that by giving up on tasks that you feel that you cannot complete accurately. The company is not disclosing the number of non-expelled jobs you need to go to the next Level.
Your goal when you are at level 0 is not to earn money but to keep your accuracy high when completing tasks. After reaching level 1 its more easier to get to levels 2-3 as you will have more tasks available and also easier tasks to complete. The earning potential increases a lot as you advance to the next levels. Members from geotargeted countries like USA, Canada and UK will have more available tasks and can advance to higher levels a lot quicker than the others.
Tips on doing Appen Tasks
- Be patient in the beginning and spent much time to read carefully the instructions. This is the hardest parts on doing tasks but that will determine your future on Appen and the money that you can make there.
- Learn to use the give up option as mentioned before. If you see that a task is very difficult to complete its better to give up on it rather than try to guess the correct answers. Learning to click Give up will pay off in the long run. You will Level up quicker and your Dashboard Level Accuracy will be higher.
- Always pay more attention to the quiz mode tasks in order to qualify to the work mode tasks.
- When you get a message like that below that you cannot perform a task due to unavailability reload the page many times until the task loads up. Sometimes if you give a wrong answer Appen directs you to a correction page where they show you where you have made the mistake. There you can find what other contributors with the same problem with you had to say and upvote their answer if you want or write down why you think the question was unfair or incorrect.
- Also If you believe that your answer is correct then you can send a support ticket to them. They will review the test question and if you are right they will adjust your accuracy. Having said that you should always contact them if you have any problems as they always provide quick and detailed answers.
- Visit daily the ySense forum task section where members discuss a lot of things about tasks. There you can also find tasks that are available to other members and not to you and then you could change the number ID on the url and check if the task is also available to you. Also if you are at zero level you should subscribe to Zero level tasks thread on ySense forum where members post information about those tasks.
- Check the satisfaction list before starting a task. Try to avoid tasks that have a very low satisfaction rate.
- Try to do the tasks within the time limit or otherwise you will not get credited.
- Don’t violate the rules and do not try to cheat the system.
Why you should do Appen tasks through ySense
Appen offers tasks through different channels. Make sure that you have chosen ySense in your profile section as shown in the picture below.
You should do that for the following reasons:
- Every time you earn 50$ by doing tasks you earn an extra 5$ bonus. Basically, you get a 10% bonus when completing tasks through ySense.
- Tasks contribute to completing the daily checklist bonus as shown in our ySense review. That means that if you are able to do 10 tasks a day you can easily get an extra 16% on your daily ySense earnings.
- If you become very good in completing tasks you can also participate in ySense weekly contest where the top 10 workers will earn a total of 100$ in bonuses.
* Note that if you have performed one job through a channel you cannot perform that exact job with its own ID through another channel.
In this post, you can find other alternatives to ySense for completing Appen Tasks.
What we don’t like about Appen Tasks
- The jobs that are available to zero level contributors are sometimes difficult to complete with a very low payout as well. That makes a lot of members giving up quickly on doing tasks as they are not going into the hassle to complete them.
- Many tasks are geotargeted meaning that many members will have to wait longer to advance to higher levels due to unavailability of tasks.
As can see all the drawbacks that I have mentioned are related to zero level contributors. So be patient at the beginning in order to advance to next levels and start making some extra cash online.
Hopefully, you have found this article helpful and informative. Is so, feel free to share it or leave a comment below with any suggestions and thoughts on the topic.
',' '); } ?>